Monday, Jan 3, 2011 -- Featured Post: irreplacable.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

110111

This is my entry from Golden Sands Hotel, Penang.

Tonight was a celebration for many at their company's annual dinner. I was working at that annual dinner. Bummer.

I don't complain much about work -- well, at least i do my best not to. Don't get me wrong, i'm good at what i do, and i love it. Sometimes things out of work gets in the way of my performance.

I miss you. I really do. When i got here, i realized how far i was from you; i missed you.

I had a room to myself at first. The silence of being alone in such a lavish room can be deafening. My emotions were almost uncontrolable.

All through the day, i thought of you and how your are coping at work. I worried if i had messaged you too much, you'd be distracted. So i just kept hoping taht you'll be alright on your first day...

I got your mesage when the dinner started. Yet, i defied all odds and replied you as fast as i could -- another personal acheivement in 2011, i'd like to think so. While juggling event coordination and thinking of you, i managed to squeeze through a few more messages to reassure you from feeling down... i'm glad i'm a changed person.

But when all was over, almost everyone in my team went on for hard drinks, to which i excused myself back to the room. This time, with no one to hang out or even supper with, the silence in the room was maddening. My heart was so heavy and i just stood there on the bed... staring into space...

I'm lucky that there was "Sean the Sheep" on Disney Channel to keep my company. Just sit there blur blur watch for about 20mins, before my colleague came back.

Well, that was my night on 110111. I wished i could have done more for you and for myself on that auspicious night. I wanted to call, but i'm sure you were sleeping for work the next day.

I only pray that you'll get used to the new working environment, and as hard as it may be at first, know that all things will fit in place. You were born to do this - or at least something like this. You have got what it takes... so never doubt yourself k!



110111

No comments: